Adopt-A-Family for the Holidays
Thank you for your interest in adopting one of our families for the holidays! The Bay Area Crisis Nursery’s Adopt-a-Family toy drive provides holiday gifts for children who have stayed with us at the Nursery over the past year—and their siblings and parents! Adopting a child or family during the holidays can inspire a sense of giving in your whole family. A family’s sponsor can be an individual, family, group of people, clubs and organizations, church groups—and both small and large businesses have also joined us in our Adopt-a-Family holiday toy drive. Many supporters find the experience so fulfilling that they make it an annual tradition, showing the true meaning of the season by giving gifts and showing compassion for others year after year.
How it Works
- اتصل على 925.685.6633 أو ارسل لنا عبر البريد الإلكتروني to let us know that you would like to adopt-a-family and how many individuals you would like to sponsor. We ask that sponsors budget about $100 per individual that they adopt.
- We will send you a detailed wish list for each person in the family. We begin collecting wish lists from our families on November 1, and will have them ready for sponsors beginning November.
- Go shopping! We ask that sponsors purchase at 5-7 gifts for children under the age of 13, 3-5 gifts for children 13 and over when the cost is higher, and 1-2 gifts for each parent. We do want our children's wishes to come true and ask sponsors to do their best to provide the requested gifts, and grocery store gift cards so families can prepare a nice holiday meal. We do not accept used items.
- Once you have purchased your gifts prepare them to be dropped off at our administrative building. Each gift should be labeled with the family ID and recipient's name. It's the only way we can make sure that the right gift gets to the right family. To make sure that we don't lose gift cards, please place them in an envelope and label them with the family ID and name. Gifts need to be delivered unwrapped so our elves can make sure that they are safe and age-appropriate.
- Drop them off to our administrative building during the times and dates below.
Drop Off Donation Times
Dec 1 - 3 & 6 - 10, 2021 | 10 am - 4 pm
Location: 1510 Mendocino Dr, Concord