Volunteer at BACN
BACN is a great place to volunteer at because we truly appreciate each and every one of our volunteers! From working in the Nursery caring for our children to working on a fundraising or community giveaway event to a group wanting to give back to our community for a day, we welcome you.
Please note: We do not offer volunteer opportunities for court-ordered community service.
Crab Feed Committee Volunteers
Crab Feed Committee Volunteers Volunteering is a fantastic way to join the party. Please help make this important fundraising event an amazing success. This is one of the most fun events for volunteers. It is high-energy, high-impact, and high-demand! Volunteers serve on the committee or at the event. There are a wide variety of opportunities to fit your schedule and interest. We’re looking for:
- Event Committee Chair
- Bar Chair
- Silent Auction Chairs
- Volunteer Chair
- Dessert Auction Chair
- Promotion & Ticket Sales Chair
- & Committee Members to support us in throwing the best crab feed in town!
If you are interested in being a Crab Feed Committee Volunteer, please email us.
BACN Board of Directors
Board membership allows the volunteer to assist in guiding our organization in meeting its mission. This entails supporting the Executive Director in meeting the organization's goals, providing organizational oversight, fundraising, and strategic planning. Board members are also asked to take an active role in supporting the organization and becoming ambassadors in the community!
View the job description here.
Childcare Volunteers- Coming Soon
Our services are made possible because of our childcare volunteers. These volunteers assist our Nursery staff and help with enrichment, feeding, dressing, rocking, and playing. This position includes direct child interaction, which can be physically demanding, but very fun!
To be a childcare volunteer, we require:
- You must complete a TB test, fingerprinting and background check, and a statement of health.
- Commit to one 3-hour shift, at least once a week, for a minimum of one year.
- Complete 20 hours of online training prior to working with children in the Nursery.
- Volunteers must maintain a valid First Aid & CPR certification for childcare workers and complete 20 hours of training annually to continue volunteering.
If you are interested in being a Childcare Volunteer, please call 925.685.6633 or email us.