OF OUR FAMILIES WOULD RECOMMEND THE NURSERY TO THEIR FRIENDS.
HOURS OF FREE CHILDCARE LAST YEAR.
OF PARENTS REPORTED LESS STRESS AFTER USING NURSERY SERVICES.
The Bay Area Crisis Nursery's (BACN's) mission is simple and powerful—to help prevent child abuse and neglect by providing supportive services to families. We are a no-cost resource for families with young children ages birth through 5 years. Our services strive to build safe, strong, and stable families through a Family Resource Model.
We assist parents and caregivers in dealing with life’s stressors by providing services that promote learning and development, parenting skills in a non-judgmental environment, and parental support to resolve stress and crisis situations. All our services promote evidence-based protective factors proven to strengthen parent/child relationships and help children and families thrive. They include parental resilience, social connections, concrete support in times of need, knowledge of parenting and child development, and social and emotional competence of children.
- Emergency Childcare- Emergency Childcare Services are now offered between 7 am – 7 pm daily. A child can receive emergency childcare services for up to 30 days in a 6-month period and 60 days in the year. Free childcare supports parents in finding and maintaining employment, attending court dates, classes, medical appointments, etc.
- Crisis Residential Overnight Program- Parents voluntarily admit their child(ren) when experiencing a crisis. Parents can utilize this service for up to 30 days. Families work on a Family Plan to stabilize the family situation.
- Respite Daytime or Overnight Program- Parents experiencing stress, or who have used our crisis residential overnight program or emergency childcare services, can visit the Nursery for short-term monthly visits. These visits range from 1-3 days. Respite care gives parents and caregivers time to care for themselves, reducing parental stress.
- Family Resource Navigation- Each family who enrolls in Nursery programs works with our Family Resource Navigator to create a Family Plan. Families are given referrals and assistance in accessing resources to help mitigate the situation and strengthen family functioning. Referrals are made for housing, medical care, dental care, mental health services, employment assistance, job training, parenting classes, job training services, substance abuse treatment, domestic violence services, legal assistance, developmental screenings, and more.
- Food & Diaper Bank- We provide a month’s supply of diapers, food, and formula to families in our community.
- BACN Boutique- We continue to meet the basic needs of our clients with the BACN Boutique, thanks to corporate and community support and donations. Our fully stocked, free boutique is filled with children’s furniture, toys, books, clothes, and much more for our families to take whatever they need at no cost.
To learn more, please call the Nursery. We are available 24 hours a day.